It’s that time of year, the holidays are over, and the winter chill has settled in! So what do you do when you need an emotional or physical pick me up? Get out of the house, that’s right, get out of the house! Do something for yourself that you enjoy that doesn’t require a huge amount of time, but is an immediate mood shifter. Here are just a few things that I do to shift my mood during the winter months.
1. Go get a pedicure of a foot massage. Many cities now have small nail shops and massage foot spas that are economically kind to your purse, as well as quick, so that you can fit them into a hectic schedule.
2. Take a walk. You don’t have to always go to the gym, sometimes just getting out of the house and walking around your neighborhood for 20 minutes reenergizes you and clears your head. The fresh air calms you, and allows you to slow down your pace and enjoy some quiet time to clear your head.
3. Visit a Korean bath house. The entrance fee is minimal and you have access to steam rooms, Jacuzzis, and you can add on services that are lower than traditional spas. It’s a great way to get the spa feel without paying the spa price.
4. Treat yourself to a meal at your favorite restaurant. If you go during lunch hours, after the lunch rush is over, you can treat yourself to a nice relaxing meal at the lunch prices.
5. Listen to music while you are performing your daily task. Turn on your favorite Pandora station. This will make the time that you spend doing boring errands more enjoyable, especially when your favorite song comes on.
These are just a few things that I do when I want to shift my mood in a more positive direction. Have a fantabulous day! FLL