Discrimination defined by Wikipedia: Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership – or perceived membership – in a certain group or category. It involves the actual behaviors towards groups such as excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to another group. It involves excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are available to other groups…
Hatred is a powerful thing, it has the ability to blind eyes that can see and cloud the judgment of a sound mind. It conquers and divides and kills every innocent thing in its path. Is it really so easy to jump on the bandwagon of discrimination as long as it isn’t concerning you? How soon we forget that it wasn’t that long ago that almost everyone reading this article would not have the rights that they do now if a certain “Law” was passed.
1. There were people that thought woman shouldn’t have rights and they had a scripture to back it up. Aren’t you glad that it didn’t pass as you went to vote?
2. There were people that thought that African Americans shouldn’t have any rights as human beings and they had a scripture to back it up. Aren’t you glad they didn’t get their way as you go to your job and eat lunch WITH your coworkers?
3. There were people that thought interracial marriages were an abomination and had a scripture to back it up. Everyone has a little “something else” in them, if they would have gotten their way, you wouldn’t even be here to read this article.
It amazes me how much the bible and Christianity has been used to discriminate against others because of their gender, sexuality, or color of their skin. Yet we proclaim that we love the most and give the most yet we don’t see the Christian community come out of the four walls of our churches until it is time to rally against something. Shouldn’t our first name be love? Yet we wonder why people hate Christians. Now I know there are people that say that this and that is in the bible and shouldn’t we stand up for what is in the bible? The bible stands for itself, it is there for YOU to keep YOUR house in order, not make a demand on how everyone else should keep theirs. Do you really think God wants a person to be and do something that was forced upon them because their rights were taken away from them? God doesn’t need anyone’s forced participation or love, He is GOD! That is why He gives freedom of choice, the right to choose and if He feels that you and I should have the right to choose, who am I to take someone else’s rights away from them. There is a saying “Don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater” Are we as a people so determined to make sure that someone else doesn’t have rights that we include others as causalities of war in the process?
1. People want to get rid of Planned Parenthood and Abortion but what do you say to the woman who was gang raped and got pregnant by one of her attackers? What do you say to the girl who got pregnant by her uncle that molested her?
2. Should we demolish the right to bear arms because some people abuse it yet there are people who choose to exercise this right in order to protect their families and homes?
Everyone deserves the Right to live their life according to what they feel is best for them and if there are rules that are being broken then there is what we call a judge that will determine the penalty if there is one. Now you have lawyers to defend or accuse but in the end it is up to the judge to make the final decision between right and wrong and what the penalty will be if wrongdoing is founded. As it is in the natural, so it is in the Spiritual, we have a judge, for those who believe in God, and He has the final say so. I find it interesting how people hopscotch all through the bible to judge others but can turn a blind eye to the stuff that has our names on it. The bible also refers negatively to tattoos, makeup, wearing revealing clothing, braids, eating pig, and certain seafood. I can hear people say, “But that is the Old Testament.” Well so is the founding scripture of God creating the heavens and the earth! At the end of the day I think that we don’t truly get how large, wide, forgiving, loving, full of mercy and His GRACE, God’s love is. Think about it. The same scripture that people use against homosexuality has a string of words on the left and right of it that seems to get overlooked.
I Corinthians 6:9-10
(Definitions are from various free online dictionary sites including but not limited to Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, and The Free Dictionary by Farlex)
1. Fornicators: consensual sexual intercourse between two people not married to each other. (Everybody wasn’t a virgin when they got married and everyone surely isn’t practicing celibacy until marriage)
2. Idolaters: to verge on worship, such as giving undue honor and regard to created forms other than God. (This isn’t just concerning religion, there are some people who worship a handbag, label in a shirt, and a red bottom shoe as if their identity depended on it)
3. Adulterer: sexual infidelity to one’s spouse, and is a form of extramarital sex. Some religious interpretation and state laws go as far as to say that even in cases of separation from one’s spouse, an extramarital affair is still considered adultery. (Did you guys catch that last part?)
4. Homosexuals: The only part of this scripture that people seem to see…
5. Sodomites: anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex or copulation with a member of the same sex.
6. Thieves: taking of another person’s property without that person’s permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it. (Whether you just robbed a bank, your jobs supply closet or your husband’s wallet for a quick $20…)
7. Covetous: to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others: to covet another’s property, to wish for, especially eagerly. (I’m thinking this is where the saying Keeping up with the Jones probably came from.)
8. Drunkards: a person who is habitually or frequently drunk. (If it is almost every weekend, it might be a habit)
9. Revilers: to use abusive or scornful language against (someone or something). (That can be cursing, gossiping, lying, verbal abuse or defamation of someone’s character.)
10. Extortioners: 1. the act or an instance of extorting. 2. Illegal use of one’s official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage. 3. An excessive or exorbitant charge. 4. Something extorted. (Can’t even touch this one because there are a lot of people who came up with this Amendment whose hands are dirty off of this one alone.)
With this entire list, are we really just focused on the Gay/Lesbian community? After reading this, I’m surprised all of us aren’t going to hell! But then there is God’s grace and whether you have or are committing any one or more of these things, I’m sure that because of your personal relationship with God, that you believe that he has forgiven you, will forgive you and loves you regardless, so why can’t we believe that for all?
So whether you like to get your drink on every weekend, had a child out of wedlock, enjoy a little gossip here and there, curse like a sailor, love you some pork, gay/lesbian, enjoy crab legs, talk about people when they’re not around, separated and waiting for your divorce to be final and met and are dating the man you feel God truly sent to you, love to get your freak on in the bedroom, love you some Louboutins and have an altar of them in your closet…there are no degrees of sins. So since we are all in this pot together, either we are all going to hell or there is enough of God’s grace to go around to all. I choose God’s grace covers all, besides, I realized a long time ago that my house was made of glass and decided to put my rock down and pick up love. God’s greatest commandment, and the scripture goes as far as to say that there is no other commandment greater than these, is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. As well as to love thy neighbor as yourself! I don’t get into debates over this because I believe that you have the RIGHT to disagree! Look, there are a lot of things that we are going to disagree on in this world but the one thing that we should at least agree on is to love each other regardless. After all, when God said to love thy neighbor, He didn’t say who your neighbor would be and whether they would love you back, so just love regardless.